Welcome to the new home of wheelchair tennis in South Africa!
Tennis South Africa on the 1st July 2019 formally took over full operations and management of wheelchair tennis in the country. Earlier this year WTSA announced it was planning to hand over the reins of its programmes and operations to TSA, and the members of both organisations recently approved resolutions for the transfer of the business.
Wheelchair Tennis South Africa has operated as a separate entity since its inception back in 2005 and has delivered some outstanding results on the international stage. South Africa’s wheelchair tennis programme is considered by the International Tennis Federation (ITF) as a global success story.
For general queries about wheelchair tennis in South Africa please contact [email protected]
Latest wheelchair tennis news:
- July 2019: KG set to begin Wimbledon challenge
- June 2019: Tennis SA & Wheelchair Tennis: #strongertogether
- June 2019: Marpia stuns Els to win Soweto Open
- June 2019: Limpopo South wins InterPro Champs
- May 2019: Quads claim bronze at World Team Cup
- May 2019: Introducing the Spring Open!
- May 2019: Strong team announced for ITF World Team Cup
- February 2019: An important wheelchair tennis update
The Spring Open: 23 - 29 September 2019. Ellis Park, Johannesburg.
The Spring Open is a first of its kind in South Africa – comprising of both a wheelchair tennis ITF Grade 2 tournament and an able-bodied ITF World Tennis Tour $15,000 event – for both men and women - that will see over 200 participants, from across the world, in action. For more information please contact - [email protected]